I Am A Student Studying Art and Design At Central Saint Martins In London.

This Is An Extension Of My Reflective Journal And A Place For Me To Record My Life..

Thursday 7 January 2010

Cubes

I'm at college so thought I would upload some pics of what I've been doing.


The first picture is a model of an idea thats been floating around in my head for a while now. Its not right yet. I'm thinking less of the cube visible and on a larger scale as well.


The second and third pictures are pictures of a trial concrete mix I made on Tuesday. When I made a new mix i would simply grip the concrete just enough to leave the mark of my hand on it. When I picked it up today for the first time since it was dry, it felt very nice to hold. Although its not the most astheticly pleasing object in the world, it had an amazing effect on me. It felt sculptural. Which surely is what sculpture should be about? Sculpture is all to do with your hands, and this object was like an extension of myself. I find myself wanting to hold it...









No comments:

Post a Comment