I Am A Student Studying Art and Design At Central Saint Martins In London.

This Is An Extension Of My Reflective Journal And A Place For Me To Record My Life..

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Cement, Sand, Water

I've finally been able to begin working with concrete! Today I bought a bag of cement and sand as well as some basic equipment I will need (a large and small trowl, a bucket for water and a bucket for mixing). The bag that I bought is called Safe Mix/Soft Sand and Cement. It is a £6.26 bag with both cement and sand provided. This could save time if I move onto larger scale sculptures in the future as it will save me measuring roughly the correct amounts of sand and cement. Right now, all I am doing is playing around with different measurements and testing the limits of the material. but once I feel like I know what concrete is capable of then I will start moving onto making what I like to call 'proper' artworks.





No comments:

Post a Comment