I Am A Student Studying Art and Design At Central Saint Martins In London.

This Is An Extension Of My Reflective Journal And A Place For Me To Record My Life..

Sunday 31 January 2010

Developing a Developmental Journal

Tonight I have been continuing my developmental journals by starting on one or two books full of primary research. I am filling the pages with the photographs that I took of some bunkers in Guernsey (see the post on my blog here). I have started these journals by organising the pictures into categories to try and make sense of the images rather than sticking them in in the order they were taken. 


I feel it is important to have physical copies of this type of research so it is possible to look back at your starting points and reflect on them from perspective. Photos can often be lost and forgotten when they are on a computer, so having books like these helps to encourage reflection on past influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment